Providing multi-disciplinary expert, innovative environmental and engineering consulting services, Frontop is comprised of exceptional people in various stages of their career. We are currently seeking a full-time Geotechnical Laboratory Engineer or Supervisor in our Markham Office.
- Supervising team of technicians and subcontractors in daily laboratory operations to provide geotechnical services.
- Overseeing and setting up laboratory tests including but not limited to compressive strength testing of concrete, soil and aggregate gradation (sieve and hydrometer), plasticity tests (Atterberg limits), soil density testing (Proctor), direct shear test, consolidation test, rock & asphalt, and calibrating concrete air meter as assigned by senior project staff.
- Monitoring others to ensure appropriate protocol is adhered to in execution of compaction testing using a nuclear moisture density gauge and field concrete testing to CCIL standards.
- Maintaining open lines of communication in the facilitation of information exchange between external clients and Laboratory Manager.
- Ensuing maintenance of accurate sample logs for concrete cylinders, aggregate and soil samples.
- Recording test data, preparing factual reports, summaries, data sheets or graphs for interpretation of results.
- Overseeing work quality of laboratory technicians including data verification and work process audits.
- Assisting with maintenance of database of records containing calibration certificates, registration certificates, equipment manuals and applicable standards.
- Participating in laboratory correlation and accreditation assessment programs.
- Training laboratory technologists and technicians.
- Making recommendations to control or eliminate unsafe conditions in the workplace.
- Completion of provincially recognized 3-year Technician or Technologist program required.
- Possession of CET or CTech license or eligibility to obtain required.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in laboratory and field testing required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in laboratory supervision required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Possession of or eligibility to obtain Security Clearance required.
- Possession of valid CCIL and CSA Certifications preferred.
- Understanding of ASTM, MTO, AASHTO and other specifications for soil/aggregate/asphalt testing.
- Understanding of civil engineering and construction.